Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Trialing a new skincare routine

I have recently started to really show interest in a true skincare routine.  Before I only washed my face in the shower and only used a moisturizer about 50% of the time.  After reading some good articles and discussion boards I decided to really bite the bullet and go from no routine to a variant of the Korean 10 step routine.

I bought a few  things based on reviews and I bought the Sephora "The Great Cleanse" sampler. I also have acquired several deluxe size samples.

So I read several articles about the Korean 10 Step routine and then I dumbed it down for my newbie uses.

Morning:

1.) Cleanse - Purity Made Simple
2.) Exfoliate - Sometimes I use Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, but mostly I combine this step with #3.
3.) Tone - Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads
4.) Serum - Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me Skin Tone Corrector (I will try their Truth Serum when I run out because its easier to find)
5.) Eye Cream - Nurish Organic Renewing Eye Cream (I am currently using a sample and I am not sure that I will repurchase it.  Its a good cream, but I want to try other options)
6.) Moisturizer - Hope Oil Free SPF 30

I follow this with a primer, Dr. Jart Black Label cream and the rest of my makeup routine

Evening:

1.) Remove Makeup - Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover
2.) Cleansing Oil - Boscia Makeup Breakup Oil
3.) Cleanse - Ole Henriksen African Tea Foaming Cleanser
4.) Exfoliate- FAB Facial Radiance Pads
5.) Tone - Combined with step 4
6.) Serum - Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me Skin Tone Corrector
7.) Eye Cream - Nurish Organic Renewing Eye Cream
8,) Facial Oil - Josie Maran Argan Oil Light
9.) Moisturizer - Hope Oil Free SPF 30
10.) Night Cream - Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation

Weekly - Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

Notes on process and products:

Overall I really like this routine.  I can definitely tell a difference in my skin tone, texture, color, and my pore size.  My favorite products (that I will definitely buy again) are Boscia Makeup Break up Oil, Ole Henriksen African Tea Foaming Cleanser, Bliss Toner Pads, and the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask.  My favorite brands so far are Boscia and Ole Henriksen.  I will be replacing the FAB pads with an additional application of the Bliss pads when I run out.  I hate the way the FAB pads smell.  The facial oil seems to help my moisturizer absorb better, but I dont think its a necessary step and I dont like the smell on the Josie Maran.  I am not sure if I will keep this step or if I will keep it and try a different product.

I noticeably left out two of the Korean Skin Routine steps: essence and sheet masks,  There are not many US brands of essence in the US and the ones I found were really expensive.  I didnt think this step was worth the cost.  I like the idea of sheet masks, but I havent decided which ones I want to try. Its recommended to use from every day to twice a week. If I decide to use this step it would be once or twice a week.

Do you have any favorites you would like to recommend?  What does your skincare routine look like?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Mary Kay eye make-up remover!

    I admire your routine! I just wash and moisturize...and maybe use some eye cream! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I am not great about doing it everyday, but I can 100% tell the difference in my skin when I do - the difference is really noticeable in just a couple of days!

      Delete