- 1 Head Purple Cabbage
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pkg Smoked Sausage (we prefer Simple Truth)
- Chicken stock
- A few Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 slices of bacon (optional)
- Core and chop the cabbage. Separate the sections.
- Dice the onion
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Saute the onion, garlic, and the bacon for a few minutes.
- Add the cabbage and toss with the onion, garlic, and bacon.
- Cook until cabbage starts to soften.
- Slice sausage and add to the skillet, tossing it with the cabbage mixture. Cook for a 10 or 15 minutes.
- Add chicken stock (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and cover.
- Stir occasionally and cook until desired softness. (we like ours very soft). Add more chicken stock as needed.