Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Weight-loss Success (so far)

I have been working diligently to loose the weight I have gained over the last few years.  I had trouble doing it on my own, so I started working with a medical weightless program on August 18th.  I have refused to allow myself to get on the scale since that first appointment.

I have been using a really great food log that the doctor provided me to keep track of my meals / calories, exercise, and water intake.  My goal was to stay between 600 and 1000 calories (preferably closer to 1000) and drink 100 oz of water per day.  Some days this was easier than others, but when I really thought about what I was buying and eating, it wasn't so bad.  Probably the hardest part of the program has been giving up cheese and drinking 100 oz of water per day (on average I have been managing 67 to 84 oz a day).

I will admit, I haven't been exercising like I should.  So far I have walked only 3 times.

On September 13th (the 26th day of my program) I went back to see the doctor for my first follow up visit.  He went over my blood work with me and everything looked good.  Then I got on the scale.  I was so nervous I didn't want to look....after I sat back down, I peeked over at my chart the nurse was holding.....I had lost 10 1/2 lbs!!!!

Now I am working on the 2nd month.  I have been told not to expect as much weight loss this month, but that I should see more inches lost in this cycle of the program.

Here's to hoping for more successes to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment