Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A day in the life... Day 1

I think I will start a project detailing my day for a week. This is inspired by the Library Day in the Life Project.

References to my library work day will be blogged at The Not So Shoeless, Librarian, while the personal parts of my day will be blogged here on A Life, Ashley K Parker.

I am interested in seeing the patterns of my life emerge, as I often get so wrapped up that I rarely take time to thing about where I spend all my time.

Putting this in context: I am a 28 year old public librarian living in central Arkansas.  I live in a city of 9,000 and a county of 30,000.  I live with my fiance and we have custody of our 17 year old nephew.  We have two inside dogs.  I am currently taking online classes to earn my MPA.  I serve on several local, state, and national committees.  I am planning my own wedding without outside help.


Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012


  • ‎9:00 - Breakfast
  • 9:30 to 12:00 - wash 2 loads of laundry, wash a load of dishes, clean stove, clean kitchen counters and table, clear all "crap" from kitchen area, sweep and mop kitchen, teach my resident nephew how to clean a bathroom, and take out trash
  • 12:00 - shower
  • ‎12:15 to 1:15 - play on computer
  • 1:15 to 3:15 - errands
  •  3:15 to 3:45 - dismantle library display
  • 4:00 to 5:30 - homework and snack
  • 5:30 to 6:00 - play on the computer
  • 6:00 to 6:20 - start blog and switch out loads of laundry
  • 6:20 to 7:30 - put away and wash dishes, fold 3 loads of laundry, wash 2 loads of laundry, bathe dogs, sweep laundry room
  • 7:30 to 8:20 - dinner, folding a load of clothes, then washing dishes
  • 8:30 to 10:00 - listening to music and discussing songs for our wedding ceremony
  • 10:15 - grab a snack and head to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment