Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: 2012 Edition

I noticed this year that a number of people were posting something they were thankful for during each day of the month of November in honor of Thanksgiving.  I really loved the idea of sharing what I was thankful for and having to really ponder my appreciation of things/people/etc.

I never have been good at keeping a journal.  I have started many journals over the years, only to forget about them after only one or two days.  This should be fairly obvious to those who might read this blog, as it has been several months since I have posted anything.  I love the idea of journaling, but boy am I forgetful!  Several times during this month I have found myself having to play "catch-up" for several days worth of Thanksgiving, simply because I haven't made time to do it on previous day or because I had forgotten.

Here is my 30 days of Thanks compiled:

Day 1: I am thankful for my parents and grandparents who are always there for me.
Day 2: I am thankful for my amazing husband who loves me regardless of my flaws
Day 3: I'm thankful for Novella and Faraday! Their unconditional love, puppy kisses, and cuddles are priceless!
Day 4: I am thankful of the warm fire that is keeping my toes warm tonight.
Day 5: thankful for my right to vote, even if most of the time I would rather write Novella in as a write in option!
Day 6: thankful for peanut butter choc. Chip cookies
Day 7: thankful to have found my calling as a librarian and my opportunity to do what I love!
Day 8: thankful for my home that I get to enjoy with my family
Day 9: thankful for heating pads and chocolate chip cookies!
Day 10: thankful for my education
Day 11: thankful for my friends, even thought don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like
Day 12: thankful for the ability to read because it gives me joy everyday!
**My forgetfulness shows itself here.  I ended up posting days 10,11, and 12 at the same time.
Day 13: thankful for technology that makes life convenient and entertaining ....(even though sometimes I think we rely on it too much).
Day 14: thankful for McDonald's sweet tea!
Day 15: Thankful for good food, the ability to eat it, and the ability to cook it.
Day 16: thankful for central heating tonight! So cold!! Brrrr.....
Day 17: evidently today is National Premature Baby Day. Since I was a preemie, weighing 2 lbs 11 oz when I was born, I am thankful to be alive and healthy!
Day 18: thankful for sleep when it comes
Day 19: thankful for my ability to learn and experience new things every day.
**There goes that forgetfulness again....I posted day 18 and 19 together
Day 20: Thankful for love, in all its forms
Day 21: Thankful for a handy husband!
Day 22: Thankful that my husband and I have good jobs, in an economy and geographic area where many do not
Day 23: Thankful for photographs that help me keep my memories alive
Day 24: Thankful for my ability and capability to help others
Day 25: Thankful for the joy that the winter holiday season brings
Day 26: Thankful for the access to information that helps me curb my appetite for knowledge
Day 27: Thankful that we live in a democracy,that while not perfect, is so much better than the environment of so many others around the world.
**Ouch!  I forgot for over a week!  Here is 8 days worth of thankfulness!
Day 28: Thankful for laughter
Day 29:Thankful for my sanity and patience (when I manage it)
Day 30: Thankful for days off work when I get them.  Time to relax is very necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment