Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gluten Free Goodness is Trial and Error

So I have been gluten free for over 3 months now and I have to say that I must be lucky because I hear horror stories about all the terrible products out there.  So far I have tried several gluten free brands and products and have been very pleased for the most part.

I would like to share my experiences with these brands for two reasons: 1.) I hope that this will help others on their gluten free journey and 2.) so I can remember these items in the future.  None of these companies have contacted me for an endorsement and the only "gift" I have received has been some coupons that I requested because I love the items and wanted to purchase more.

Products I have Tried:


  • Wow Cookies (Chocolate Chip): I loved these cookies!  They were soft and almost tasted like cookie dough.  

  • Pamela's Mini Cookies (Chocolate Chip and Extreme Chocolate): These cookies were crunchy and a little smaller than the Wow cookies, but there are more in a bag.  These cookies were delicious!  I will say that the Extreme Chocolate tasted like it was a darker chocolate, but I generally dislike dark chocolate and I loved these cookies.

  • Annie's Berry Patch Fruit Snacks: I didnt like these at all.  The texture was too gooey and they were so sweet that I couldnt taste the flavor.

  • GoPicnic Ready to Eat Meals (Turkey Pepperoni): These lunchable type meals were amazing!  I ate everything in my meal and it was enough to satisfy me for lunch.  These are definitely kid friendly because I had a 7 year old friend of my sneaking bits out of my lunch! (More detailed review of a variety of flavor s coming soon)

  • EnviroKidz (Lemur Peanut Choco Drizzle Bar): These were ok.  I bought these for breakfast and I will eat them and probably buy them again, but I dont love them.  They taste like a peanut butter rice crispy treat, which to me is more dessert than breakfast.

  • Amy's (Gluten Free Non Dairy Burrito, Garden Vegetable Lasagna, Indian Palak Paneer): I love Amy's products!  Not all of her products are gluten free, but she does have a large selection and all the packages are very clearly marked.  I ate the burritos with salsa and I couldnt tell the difference between these and a regular frozen burrito.  The lasagna was good, but I prefer more cheese on my lasagna than was in this dish.  The portion was good, but the noodles were a little odd (im still getting used to gluten free noodles).  My favorite frozen dinner is the Palak Paneer.  In fact, it was one of my favorites before even switching to a gluten free diet.  If you love spinach, you will love this frozen dinner!  I contacted Amy's via email to rave about their products and they sent me a ton of coupons, so never be afraid to ask for them!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I will post more Gluten Free favorites as I try new things!  What are your favorite gluten free products?

No comments:

Post a Comment